November 10, 2015

The Blog I Didn’t Plan to Write

The Blog I Didn’t Plan to Write

This is my second attempt at this blog. I planned to write a blog after the event recapping the highlights to post in my usual Tuesday spot. And when I sat down to write it Sunday night, I knew what I wanted to say.

I wrote about how in the months leading up to the event, all that I wanted was for it to be over. I wanted to have it behind me because it was so much work, so new, and so overwhelming at times. I wrote about how relieved and proud I expected to feel after it was over.

And then I wrote about how after it was actually over, I didn’t feel relief or pride at all really. All that I felt was unbelievable and all-consuming gratitude. I was so thankful for our amazing team that, despite the fact that they were exhausted from flying in from several other events, poured their hearts and souls into making this not only one of the best first-time events we’ve ever put on, but one of the best events we’ve ever put on, period. I was so grateful to Dave and our leadership team for trusting me with such an important job of leading this specific market.

But most of all, I wrote about how I was in awe of the way God showed up. God didn’t just bless it; God ran the whole thing. The spirit in that room was busting at the seams, and there were God moments happening all around us.

The best way I could describe how I felt, I wrote, was by using examples in the Bible. Time after time in Scripture, when God showed Himself in mighty and powerful ways, the people were blinded by His glory and the only thing they could do was fall on their faces in worship.

And that’s how I’ve felt all weekend. I’ve not really felt relief or pride about my work like I expected to. All that I can feel is just a continual prayer of gratitude and worship for who God is and what He did the last few days. That’s what I wrote about, and that’s what I’ll remember in the weeks following this event.

But last night as I was writing my closing paragraph about worshiping God in all of His glory, suddenly the words on the page started disappearing. Letter by letter, one at a time, they disappeared, first slowly and then faster and faster.

I frantically pressed buttons on my computer to stop it. I pressed the delete button, the mousepad, Escape and power. I tried everything. The words kept deleting. Halfway up the blog, once all of the words about God’s glory were deleted against my will, it stopped. I tried everything I could to save the rest, but the computer wasn’t responding. I tried to manually save it and then immediately got violently sick and had to run to a trash can.

About fifteen minutes later, when I felt better and finally got the computer restarted, the blog was gone.

Sure, maybe the Delete key was hit and locked. I have a fairly new computer that rarely acts up, but that’s possible. Maybe I just happened to randomly get sick at that moment. Maybe.

Or maybe, this world you and I live in is more spiritual than we will ever realize. I’ll tell you what I believe.

I believe that what I’m doing matters. I believe that God showed up and changed lives this weekend, and the Enemy wants nothing more than to destroy that. I believe that giving God the glory only infuriates the Enemy more.

And the same is true for you. What you’re doing matters. And the more you do for the Kingdom of God, the more opposition you will experience. And I believe that’s only a sign you’re on the right track. If you’re not doing anything for the Kingdom of God, you’re not a threat. But the moment you step out in faith and make a difference and praise God with the results, get ready. You’ll face opposition, and the Enemy will try to stop you.

But friends, I want you to remember what I’m trying to remember in this faith walk with you: The war is already won. Dave Ramsey says, “I’ve read the back of the book, and I know who wins.” We don’t have to live in fear, because the war has already been won and the Creator of the Universe is on our side.

So press on toward your goal. Keep working in your gifts. And, as Scripture says, let us “hold unswervingly to the hope we profess because He who promised is faithful.”

1. Denise Miller says:

Love this. For such a time as this…so encouraging for the step I am on. Funny part? I want to share this on my Facebook and I keep getting a message post can’t be found. I will keep trying. Moving forth with my armor on. Bless you

2. Linda says:

What a profound and beautiful written testimony. I needed this today and I’m so grateful for all you are doing. Keep pressing on!! You are making a difference, Christy! Blessings to you- xo!

3. Vicki Casper says:

I, too, am unable to share but will keep trying. Thank you for your wonderful encouragement in each of your blogs….I so look forward to them. You are such a blessing to me during this time in my life. Thank you.

4. Jenny-Lyn says:

I love this. Very encouraging. Just what I needed to be reminded of today. I’m so grateful for my friend indeed, Kathy, who forwarded this to me.

Continue to be blessed and be a blessing Christy!

5. Maria says:

I really heard from God this weekend. He spoke just to me about my work and my role as a mother. There were lots of great speakers and I enjoyed them, but mostly how God spoke to my heart. I’ll take that with me and it has already changed me! Thank you Christy and your team for the vision and follow through with this event! Well done!!

6. Tirzah says:

I think you are right on! Thank you for sharing and taking the time to write a whole new post and still give glory to God.
    What you are doing matters in a big way!

7. Jennifer says:

Wow- i have goosebumps- I believe the work you do matters- and, yes, I believe the evil one will stop at almost nothing to stop you from spreading the word & love of God. So- press on- we will pray for you.

8. David says:

Christy – absolutely the most powerful message and testimony I’ve ever heard! I tell my children all the time, Don’t think for a minute that if you believe in God, then you must also understand that there IS an enemy”. But Dave is right, we already know the outcome – we are already victors! Keep doing the great work you were called to do and continue to share this amazing walk with all of us.

9. Callie says:

Christy, you are a blessing. You are usually my first stop when I need lifting. Not only do you do amazing work as far as your career, but you do amazing work for God. You and your stories are an inspiration. Thank you so much for sharing with us.

10. Melissa Kaiserman says:

I know you’ll understand what I mean when I say this post filled me with excitement and I couldn’t help but start praising God!

I am not at all surprised by this. I have believed from the very first email with the survey back in the summer that this event and entire area of your ministry was going to make a difference because it is something that is so needed for women. (And entire families, really!) The enemy wants us to keep striving and competing and elbowing our way to the front instead of surrendering and serving each other and the world in the ways we’ve been created to do. The opposition is proof that priorities are shifting and God is being glorified.

I will continue to pray and watch with anticipation!

11. Cheryl Indart says:

Dear Christy,

The event, the people, the words spoken, the connections made, all in the name of the creator, God, were a blessing that keeps on giving. Thank you for doing the work that brings events like these to those of us in need.
    You have made a difference!
    Looking forward to what the Lord leads us all to next!

12. Anne says:

I dreamed of going to this conference but just couldn’t make it happen. I was so intrigued reading this post and believe that the work you and the whole Ramsey team are doing has just got the devil reeling. To GOD be the glory! He has overcome! Your blog is awesome! Thank you so much for your continual outpouring of motivation!

13. Bethany Durden says:

Thanks so much for the event! I haven’t felt so spiritually refreshed in a long time. I would love for you to do a BB postcast. Please with sugar on top! The Entreleadership podcast is a true delight but after being with such uplifting women and kindred spirits I would love to have more access to that vibe.

14. Toni says:

Love this and so timely for me. The more I do for Him, the more ‘bad’ things happen to me. In the past I would stop what I was doing and just say it wasn’t meant to be, but now if I know it’s warfare I say, ‘bring it on because my God is a whole lot bigger’. Thanks for sharing.

15. Amy Oldham says:

I really needed this today. I’m at a place where I know what I want to do, and I have the skills to do it and even the supplies to do it. I also know God wants me to do it….but I have fear. It is time to pick up my paint brush and paint. Like right now.

16. Christina Landgraf says:

Christy: I am having the same experience as Amy, above. Although I came to the conference with some vague ideas about someday creating a “side gig,” by the end of the first day, I definitely felt that God wanted me to do something for Him that would serve other women. I know what it is, too. I know I am supposed to be doing it but there is still…fear. Keep praying for me that I will get off my fanny and get busy! Thanks for stepping out in faith to create this incredible event.

17. Maria Villanueva says:

Thank you so much, Christy, for the positive impact you have made on me, my daughter, and my family! My daughter and I attended the event together and we had an amazing experience! The Business Boutique was inspiring, informational, and so good for our souls. During some talks and while Ellie sang, there were moments where I just felt like crying. Definitely, God was present among us and working through you, the speakers, Ellie, and your entire team.
    There certainly is a spiritual warfare and thanks for reminding us that the more we advance or do more for the Kingdom of God, the more we will be attacked. We just need to continue to stand firm in our faith and put on the full armor of God.
    Thanks again for providing an enriching and life-changing event! God bless you and your family always.